What is this assistance?
This assistance is provided by the State of New Mexico so that renters can avoid eviction during the pandemic. It is not a loan and does not have to be repaid.
What can it help pay for?
- Past-due, current, and future rent
- Utility bills
- Relocation expenses such as first and last month's rent, and security deposit
- Temporary lodging due to an eviction
What information is needed?
Below is what you’ll need to finish the application. We recommend gathering everything before you start your application.
- Identification (A Social Security number is not required. People without a Social Security number can apply)
- Current rental lease or statement from landlord
- Proof of income
- Proof of past-due bills
- Utility bills (if applying for utility assistance)
- Proof of unemployment (optional)
- Eviction Notice (only required if you are in the eviction process)